|Population||23,316,000||IMF-World Economic Outlook Database 2012|
|Internet population||17,530,000||Internet World Stats 2012|
|Scale of online advertising market||346 million USD||IAMA|
- There is an 82% rate of Internet use among Taiwanese housewives (Institute for Information Industry).
- The results of an investigation found that Taiwanese access the Internet mostly for news (29.9%), then entertainment (23.3%), consumption (14.4%), work-related issues (12.6%), travel (10.4%), and finally financial matters (10.1%) (RDEC).
- The paid search market is valued at 3 billion TWD and is growing more than 15% a year. It comprises 30.1% of the online advertising market (IAMA).
- Business-to-Consumer based e-commerce in Taiwan is worth 8.33 billion USD and is growing each year by 25% (China Economic News Service).
- Apparel is the number one type of online purchase in Taiwan (The China Post).
- 67% of Taiwanese Internet users refer to social media before making their online purchases. And, after they have made their purchases, 50% of them will use social media to express their opinion on the product or service they bought (FIND-III DoIT).
- 4% of Taiwanese Internet users have their own Facebook account (Socialbakers).