|Population||50,010,000||IMF-World Economic Outlook Database 2012|
|Internet population||40,329,000||Internet World Stats 2012|
|Scale of online advertising market||1.8 trillion won||DIGIECO 2012|
- Korea is ranked number one in the world for Internet accessibility at 99.3% (Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development).
- 30% of Internet users read e-books (Arirang News).
- The search engine advertising market in 2011 was valued at 1.1 billion USD, which was equivalent to 68% of the online advertising market (Campaign Brief/Cheil).
- For the year 2011, the e-commerce market was worth 881 million USD. This was a 21.2% increase from 2010 (Statistics Korea).
- 1% of Internet users use credit cards for online purchases. 22.8% use money transfers (Statistics Korea).
- 87% of Internet users participate in social media (comScore).