|Population||7,173,000||IMF-World Economic Outlook Database 2012|
|Internet population||5,329,000||www.internetworldstats.com 2012|
|Scale of online advertising market||91 million USD||SMB World Asia Edition|
- HK$1.86 billion was used in advertising for Chinese New Year in 2012 (online and offline). This is 6.7% of the cumulative average yearly expenditure (Asia Media Journal).
- According to a 2011 Google study, 78% of smartphone users saw ads and clicked on them. (Publicitas).
- The online retail market in 2011 was 1.9 billion USD, and it has been estimated that it will grow to 2.5 billion USD by 2015 (PayPal/Enterprise Innovation).
- 37% of the population banks online (Nielsen).
- For the population of Hong Kong, mobile phones have a 225.5% penetration rate (Office of the Communications Authority 2012).